General Electric Project Controller in Ankara, Turkey
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is to provide Project Controls which includes schedule and cost controlling on projects. This role is for Project Controllers who are responsible for both planning and cost on projects.
Responsible for planning and cost on complex projects:
• Builds ITO integrated schedules and cost estimates
• Support PM to align project planning and budgets to as sold
• Build OTR project schedule and project budgeting, get them approved (baselined) and set them up in schedule and cost tools
• Ensures compliance to the Global Standard process for Project Controls
• Maintain project schedule and cost forecast throughout project
• Analyse schedule and cost trends and provide forecasted schedule and cost to project team
• Maintain a register of potential schedule and cost risks
• Maintain a register of actual and committed costs
• Checks and controls time and cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and paces, validates accuracy of estimates
• Communicates schedule and cost status/forecasts/risk to functional cost owners and drives/supports risk mitigation
• Provides internal and external project reporting of project status, promotes the usage of collaborative tools such as Tableau, Unifier
• Collaborate with 3rd parties on project schedule and cost
• Attends project and management reviews to present all schedule and financial data in a transparent way
• Provides change order calculations to ensure schedule and cost estimates are accurate
• Updates changes in appropriate systems to ensure schedule and costs are aligned to the current situation
• Aligns with Finance Controller to ensure reconciliation takes place between approved project financial data and books
• Support project close out and claims
• Provide support to tenders
• Quality of the project controls reporting.
• Reliability of planning progress status (% progress, dates) and forecast
• Reliability of cost budgets, actuals and forecast
• Collaboration with functional owners to find strategies to reduce time and cost
• Alignment to established standards (WBS, CBS, process, procedures, tools usage)
• Efficiency and effectiveness of the project controls provided to the project.
Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
Health and Safety
Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions
Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
Ensure safety work instructions are complied
Participate in the resolution of safety issues.
Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
Schedule and budget quality
Schedule and cost forecast quality
Cost and schedule performance of project
Timeliness of reporting
Engineering degree (plus financial / cost estimate training).
Experience and Knowledge
5+ years planning large turnkey projects
2+ projects providing cost controlling and/or cost estimate on large turnkey projects
Technical skills / competencies:
• Planning and Scheduling
• Cost estimating and forecasting
• Project Accounting & Controlling
• Local GAAP awareness
• Data handling skills (Excel, SAP…)
• Commercial awareness
Behavioral skills / competencies:
• Communication (English language a must)
• Proactive attitude
• Thorough and precise
Locations: Turkey; Ankara
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.