Syngenta Trial Officer Vegtable South East in Antalya, Turkey
· Execute Vegetable Seeds product Trialing activities (late development phase) for a one or more crop group at sub-Territory (depends on the geography and market sizes and diversity) level in collaboration with other functions (Breeding, Operations, Territory Product Managers, Technical Crop Advisors)
· The Trial Officer is responsible for the practical planning, execution, follow up and data collection and first round basic assessment of the trials assigned to her/him on multi crop basis the late development and pre-commercial (PLC5, PLC6 stages) evaluation of vegetable seeds precommercial product pipeline
· TO are the primary technical contributors to the Territory pre Hybrid Promotion Committees (preHPC) in her/his crops inside the territory within a defined geoghaphical area.
· The TOs are the primary technical input providers in the whole product advancement decision process making a bridge between R&D and the Commercial organisations (Marketing/Sales) in a crop group within a given geographical area inside the territory.
· Market Trialing team provide data based territory advancement and positioning (pre HPC documents, technical positioning proposals) for our new vegetables seeds products.
· Responsible for giving input to the trial plan, guided by the STO and STL of the territory, for her/his crops at sub-Territory level based upon the guidance from Regional/Territory PFM and Breeding in line with the crop strategy.
· primary contributor to the product profiles at Territory level ( with competitor product performances, information on market demands)
· provide summarized sub-Territory trial results of her/his crop and analyze them with the necessary scientific methods to provide product advancement and positioning proposals for Territory Product Managers and Regional Portfolio Managers to support their business decisions on NPIs
· Responsible for basic inputs to the crop trial protocols (creation and maintenance) to ensure the alignment with Breeding, Marketing on the content and implementation
· Key contributor to pre-HPC decisions with the variety performance and other technical parts at Territory level in her/his crop.
· Responsible for monitoring the trials in her/his crops within a Territory, working with growers/Operations personnel to ensure the execution, data collection and quality
· Manages occasionally the temporary workers/site staff to execute the trials
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Experience / Previous jobs required for the job:
· Experience in plant variety trialing (preferably in vegetable crops) is a plus
· Basic knowledge in data processing and assessment (using statistical methods and IT tools)
· Experience in agricultural technologies and applications
· Experience in working with growers/other related companies/functions in the veg production chain
· Willingness to travel frequently (internal/abroad)
· Experience with working in international environment is a plus
· Experience in making public presentations is a plus
Critical knowledge and education required for the job:
· BSc (MSc is a plus) in Horticulture or in Agriculture with relevant work experiences (threshold is 1-3 years dependent from the scope of the previous job).
· Relevant basic knowledge about plant genetics and breeding (MSc in Plant Breeding & Genetics is a plus)
· Basic understanding about the trial design and theory, principles of statistical data analysis
· Driving license
· Good command of English
Experiences to be gained in the job
· Deep technical knowledge about the particular Veg crops/ groups
· Deep market knowledge about the area inside the territory in the crops (market demand, competitors, trends, across territory view, regional differences etc.)
· Developed analytical skills and mindset
· Developed influencing skills
· Working experience in multicultural environment
· Development in building a professional network externally (growers/food chain) and internally (stakeholders, peers)
· Strong influencing skills
· Ability to provide functional contribution in matrix organizations
· Effective presentation and negotiation skills
· Strong result orientation and assertive mindset
· Good relationship building and networking skills
· Ability to stand for her/his proposal with courage
· Challenging the status quo with innovative solutions
· Proactive mindset and agility (communication, seeking solutions)
· Taking new initiatives and to capturing new opportunities beyond borders
· Candid to receive feedbacks and build these to her/his personal development
· Flexibility in working (coping with timing/environment/ people changes)
Job: *Biological Assessment
Title: Trial Officer Vegtable South East
Requisition ID: 1702839