IREX Broadcast Media Lead Development Consultants for Syrian Radio and TV stations in Istanbul, Turkey
POSITION TITLE: Broadcast Media Lead Development Consultants
LOCATION: Istanbul, Turkey
ABOUT IREX: IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.* *
*POSITION SUMMARY: *IREX has several program partners that provide Arabic language broadcasts, including information and news programs, to Syrian audiences. Managers and staff of these radio and TV stations have received some training but all will benefit from a broad spectrum of professional development in virtually every aspect of broadcast management, operations and production. Selected consultants will work closely with client station management and staff to identify mentoring, training and other assistance priorities designed to increase the overall capacity of the organization. While lead consultants will primarily be responsible for evaluation, planning assistance activities and assessing partner progress, they may be asked to provide training as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consultants will be assigned to work with one or more IREX partners where they will assess management, programming, production and technical capacities. The ability of the consultant to establish and maintain a collegial, supportive and productive relationship with client management and staff will be crucial.
- Consultants will work closely with client managers to formulate development objectives and to determine the need for training and other assistance.
- Consultants will work with IREX to provide necessary training and perform follow-up on-site assessments of partner staff.
- Consultants will work with IREX to review partner progress, set goals and manage the activities of trainers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum ten years as a radio or television general manager, program director, producer/journalist/chief editor or a combination of positions. Extensive practical skills and the range of professional experience required to provide a high level of consulting and mentoring support to developing broadcasters
- Experience working in political transition and post-conflict environments
- Experience working in the MENA geographic region. Experience in Syria is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to provide or direct professional training programs in broadcast management, programming, production, journalism or operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to forge strong professional relationships and to develop and attain well-defined objectives
- Arabic language skills are highly desirable. Excellent English skills are required for reporting purposes.
- A strong commitment to the success of IREX partners
- Excellent communication skills required to foster close working relationships with CS and client management **
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
To Apply:* *Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Add the word “Development Consultant” in the subject of the email.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Application deadline: Shortlisted Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.