Dow Chemical Public & Governmental Affairs Internship Programme in Istanbul, Turkey
The Dow Chemical Company has for the Public Affairs & Government Affairs (PA/GA) Department a opportunity for a Long-Term Public Affairs / Government Affairs Intern (m/f) to be located in Istanbul, Turkey.
Public Affairs & Government Affairs professionals at Dow play a key role in managing and enhancing the corporate reputation and opening up dialogue for change by interacting with stakeholders such as customers, employees, government officials, policy makers, retirees and communities worldwide.
This role will provide support to the PA&GA team in Turkey regarding the following areas.
Business Public Affairs
- Helps position and promote Dow products and services to key customers and markets through trade media relations, advertising, literature production, direct mail, trade shows, customer communications and events, and digital and social media.
Corporate Public Affairs
- Provides communications counsel to the company’s top executives as well as leads Dow’s communications with employees, the news media, advocacy groups and the general public.
Geographic/Site Public Affairs
- Works to build and strengthen relationships with employees, retirees, communities, advocacy groups, trade associations, governmental organizations and other stakeholders in their respective communities.
- Offers expertise in essential areas of the public and international policy process, including development, process expertise, and relationships.
Customer & Business Events
- Helps Dow professionals go beyond business meetings and phone calls to provide an atmosphere that allows them to build relationships with strategic customers and team members. Customers and employees are the keys to Dow's success, but building effective, long-term relationships that fuel innovation takes time and effort.
The intern will report to the PA&GA Leader in Turkey and will work closely with the PA&GA team.
The role will be temporary for 1 year.
Ready to commit minimum three full days between Monday-Friday
University Student (currently enrolled in Master's program); departments of Business Administration, Economics, International Relations, Public Affairs and English
Candidate must be enrolled in university during the whole internship period
Language and Literature are preferred.
Fluency in English and Turkish is required
Good knowledge of MS Office programs
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Strong learning agility
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation’s silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Public & Governmental Affairs Internship Programme