Hilton Senior Manager Engineering Operations in Istanbul, Turkey
A Senior Manager Engineering Operations will manage the Engineering Team in Turkey to efficiently maintain all hotels' operations such that safety, security, conversation, and compliance are ensured at the highest levels.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Manager Engineering Operations, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotels in Turkey. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Teams and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, a Senior Manager Engineering Operations will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Undertake technical and building operational responsibility for the given area, directly mapping the operational region hotels.
- Ensure compliance with local codes and Hilton policies & Design and Construction Standards.
- Maintain most cost effective operational model for each hotel & area.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects,
- Co-ordinate hotel openings in own area.
- Consistent delivery and compliance to Hilton standards across the area.
- Support Georgia, Azerbaijan and other neighbour countries’ hotels if and when required.
- Ensure to follow Engineering Operations EMEA targets and strategies by the hotel.
- Provide emergency 24/7 support and advice to hotels.
- Ensure each hotel is being operated in a safe & effective manner.
- Maintain contacts with local authorities such as fire department, electricity supply company, health inspectors, etc., to ensure that all requirements are being complied with and that assistance or advice will be readily available whenever required.
- Assist hotels to ensure the efficient operation & maintenance of all mechanical & electrical equipment.
- Assist hotels to ensure the upkeep of the building and grounds is being carried out to a satisfactory level.
- Advise on out of hours emergency problems and disaster recovery.
- Assist in the negotiation for consumables and service contracts, ensuring the best value for money is obtained.
- Ensure that adequate stock levels and spare part lists are in place.
- Participate in central contracts tendering and interviews process where required.
- Ensure technical solutions have been properly identified so that repair/replacement are effective.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations & engineering standards and advise the local team / project manager accordingly.
- Assist hotels with 5 year capital and long-term plans.
- Complete and produce regular reports and statistics as required by area management.
- Carry out annual technical inspections
A Senior Manager Engineer Operations serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- A degree in Engineering or similar
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
- Computer literate, with BMS experience.
- Extensive international experience
- Extensive travel and results in periods away from home.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Senior Manager Engineering Operations
Requisition ID: HOT04J7Q