Oracle System Administrator 2-IT in Istanbul, Turkey
System Administrator 2-IT
Title: Cloud Data CenterAdministrator
The Cloud Data Center Administrator’s role is to install, cable, configure,
maintain, tune, and optimize Linux systems servers and other infrastructure
components to achieve high availability and performance of the Oracle Cloud
- Rack, cable and configure server hardware and
- Connect and configure System and Networking
- Hands-on repair of equipment; swapping HDDs,
power supplies and DIMMs along with
other server components
Shipping and receiving of computer equipment
Inventory management controls
Monitor and test system power usage and provide
reports on power consumption.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts, servers and
other miscellaneous gear
- Documentation of servers and appliances within
Troubleshoot offline/downed server issues
Manage inbound/outbound shipping tickets
Reallocate and decommission servers
Installation of System I/O cards
Configure ILOM server configs for remote access
Maintain service tickets within your designated
- Attend weekly project and team
Create support ticket within MOS
Assist various teams in troubleshooting hardware
and software problems to resolution
- Comply with the cloud security media policy
- Coordinate with network engineering, business
application, and database
administration functions to
ensure availability, reliability, and scalability
- Follow corporate and datacenter policies, and
- Experience in network cabling and
System Administration meeting data
Telcom cabling experience a plus
College diploma or university degree in the
field of business information systems a
plus or equivalent work
Certifications in Linux a plus
Experience installing, configuring, and
maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewalls,
and database administration
- Good technical knowledge of current network
hardware and standards, including Fiber
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals
Good written and oral communication skills.
Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly
and user-friendly language.
Highly self motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute
tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Strong customer service orientation.
Experience working in a team-oriented,
- Travel between multiple Oracle collocations
Emergency on-call availability
Work scheduled maintenance windows and other
- Dexterity of hands and fingers and the ability
to work on a ladder in datacenter
- The ability to lift and or transport very heavy
objects (70-1000 lbs.) with mechanical
hand tool assistance
- Occasional travel to other datacenters to
perform work when needed
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. React to potential problems using automation, scheduling, and monitoring tools -- escalating to management where appropriate. Participate in configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire