Vectrus Passenger/Personal Property Section Supervisor in Turkey
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Shall meet the qualifications of AFSC 2T071, as defined in AFI 36-2101. Shall be proficient with managing and supervising the passenger and personal property section. Shall be proficient with passenger, personal property and counseling procedures and DOD travel entitlements and travel mode selection procedures. Shall interpret the JTR, DTR and other pertinent directives. Attend various DoD/EUCOM/AF training, conferences and symposiums to stay current on requirements. TMO personnel may be tasked to perform U.S. Customs and Agriculture duties as well as program management. Shall be knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint in the performance of daily duties.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- Provide passenger movement services IAW AFI 24-101, DTR and JTR. Provide official passenger travel capability after hours. Verify/change travel reservations through the Defense Travel System (DTS). Receive, review, and determine official travel entitlements. 20%
- Charge passenger ticket to appropriate accounts and use the Commercial Travel Office (CTO) for official travel. Use GATES to book AMC travel and maintain files/reports. Complete Quarterly Unused Ticket Reports and forward to HQ USAFE. Complete and reconcile monthly Centrally Billed Account (CBA) immediately upon receipt, forward to appropriate DFAS with all applicable documentation to ensure compliance with Prompt Payment Act. 5%
- Attend various DoD training, conferences and symposiums to stay current on requirements. 5%
- For outbound personal property utilize the Defense Personal Property System (DPS). Select carriers IAW quality and tonnage distribution criteria. Provide entitlements counseling, schedule pick-up date, and produce required shipment documentation. 20%
- Schedule shipments and process shipment documentation with approved carriers. Monitor/identify shipments for excess costs. Maintain, review and perform Quality Control (QC) on the Base Purchasing Agreement (BPA) for the Direct Procurement Method (DPM) Contract. Perform QC of carriers performing packing, pickup and delivery services and document performance on applicable forms and forward results to Personal Property Shipping Office (PPSO) at Izmir, Turkey. 5%
- Complete USDA/EUCOM Customs Clearance inspections and documentation on all personal property shipments and POVs as required. 5%
- For inbound personal property utilize the Defense Personal Property System (DPS) systems. Calculate net shipment weight IAW applicable directives and report to Excess Cost and Adjudication Function (ECAF) Joint Personal Property Office (JPPSO). Create cost estimates for personally procured shipment transportation. 20%
- Monitor/identify shipments for excess costs. Produce, maintain, and collect all relevant documentation regarding inbound household goods (DD Form 1797, DD Form 1299, and travel orders). 10%
- Arrange for delivery of household goods upon arrival. Process paperwork for personally procured moves. 10%
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
DTS, GATES, Defense Personal Property System (DPS), TMO database system, PC Computers, and calculators.
Extensive interaction with the customer is required. Typical work week is from Monday thru Friday (0730-1630) however work requires to be able to work under pressure. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing to work overtime as required
Work requires extended periods of sitting at a desk. During inspections, frequent standing, climbing, bending and occasional working in cramped positions may be required.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Associates Degree preferred. The technical and managerial knowledge and practical knowledge of transportation from military or related civilian occupation.
Five years of experience in supervising passenger and personal property functions and counseling customers regarding entitlements and responsibilities. Two of the five years shall involve the preparation of transportation documents and the selection of transportation modes. Strong leadership skills and initiative, good judgment, attention to detail
Shall meet the qualifications of AFSC 2T071, as defined in AFI 36-2101. Shall be proficient with managing and supervising the passenger and personal property section. Shall be proficient with passenger, personal property and counseling procedures and DOD travel entitlements and travel mode selection procedures. Shall interpret the JTR, DTR and other pertinent directives. Shall be knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint in the performance of daily duties.
Provides supervision of 4 Turkish National employees. Expected to keep open and frequent communication with the Traffic/Vehicle Management Superintendent and provide regular updates on all TMO issues.
Title: Passenger/Personal Property Section Supervisor
Requisition ID: TUR000173
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.