Marriott Director of Corporate Sales in Ankara, Turkey
Posting Date Feb 05, 2018
Job Number 18000CSW
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, Ankara, Turkey VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the leader of the property’s corporate sales effort and responsible for implementing the sales strategy and achieving revenue goals. Leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to corporate sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals and makes recommendations on sales goals of direct reports.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Works with sales leader to ensure understanding of corporate sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy.
• Develops, implements and sustains aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing business.
• Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the Director of Sales.
• Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal sales goals).
• Recommends sales goals for sales team members.
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day-to-day activities of direct reports.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using sales systems and implements strategy to achieve property’s financial goals.
• Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate six period projections.
• Reviews guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests during pre- and post-convention meetings to obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, execution against contract and overall satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of department meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures that a customer recognition program is in effect throughout Sales.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., , Market Sales, GSO) to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Loss Prevention to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and/or union requirements.
• Attends customer events, trade shows and sales missions to maintain, build or develop key relationships with GSO Managers and customers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.