General Electric Sr Data Engineer in Gebze, Turkey
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create industrial internet products and services tailored to the needs of the GE businesses and external customers. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Communicates with direct team and with others in IT that are outside of direct organization and have influence in the same technical space.
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Be responsible for mentoring and performing code review for junior programmers
• Lead and participate in the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
• Define detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Research new technologies, patterns and methodologies related to enhancing code quality and developer productivity
• Ensure team output meets or exceeds code quality standards
• Provide functional and technical documentation
• Maintain relationships with business stakeholders and project leads, providing regular updates regarding project progress and impediments
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering).
• Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Software Development.
• Experience with database and ETL development, including big data platforms such as Hadoop and Greenplum
• Experience with MPP database architectures (Greenplum, Teradata, ParAccel, etc) and HDFS/Hadoop distributions and related technologies (YARN, Hive, Spark, etc)
Locations: Turkey; Gebze
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.