General Electric Sr Data Scientist in Gebze, Turkey
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr Data Scientist will work in dynamic, multi-disciplinary, global team addressing statistical, machine learning, data understanding and optimization solutions for the commercial airline and aviation industry. The position requires innovative, creative and resourceful individuals to collaborate on the conception, design, implementation and maintenance of data science solutions and optimization algorithms.
In this role, you will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, mathematical optimization modelling, optimization algorithms, deep learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets for data modeling and analysis.
• Develop analytics within well defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities
• Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics
• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
• Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
• Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate your work and outcomes
• Share and discuss findings with team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• Minimum 4 years analytics development in a commercial setting
• Minimum 2 years optimization experience (modelling, algorithm development) in a commercial setting
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated skill at mathematical optimization modelling and developing optimization algorithms
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Operation research experience
• Demonstrated awareness of feature extraction and real-time analytics methods
• Demonstrated awareness of analytic prototyping, analytic scaleup, analytic scaling, and solutions integration
• Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in data science
• Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics
• Demonstrated awareness of how to function in a team setting
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem solving methods
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to drive business impact
Locations: Turkey; Gebze